EEO/AA Statements

The University of Wisconsin Extension provides affirmative action and equal opportunity in education, programming and employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, gender/sex, creed, disability, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital or parental, arrest or conviction record or veteran status.

La Universidad de Wisconsin-Extensión proporciona acción afirmativa e igualdad de oportunidades en educación, programas y empleo para todas las personas calificadas, sin tener en cuenta raza, color, sexo, credo, discapacidad, religión, nacionalidad de origen, ascendencia, edad, orientación sexual, gravidez o paternidad, historial de detención o condena, o estado de veterano de guerra.


 How to File a Complaint of Discrimination or Harassment

A complaint or charge of discrimination or harassment can be registered by any person (employee, program or activity participant, applicant, visitor, volunteer, etc.) who has reason to believe that they have been subjected to or witnessed unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in an Extension education program or activity or in the employment setting.

A discrimination or harassment complaint may be expressed indicating that the individual(s) has/have been denied program service or resources of the University of Wisconsin-Extension or otherwise has been discriminated against, harassed or retaliated against on the basis of age, sex, race, creed or religion, national origin/ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, arrest or conviction record.

Further information about University of Wisconsin-Extension procedures related to concerns and complaints of discrimination, harassment and retaliation can be found on the Office of Inclusion website.

If you know there is a complaint or charge of discrimination or harassment by another employee or person outside UW-Extension, inform the regional director immediately and report any detail you know about the complaint such as name, address, dates, basis of the complaint, individuals involved, etc.)

Complaints may be directed to any of the following:

  • Director of the Office of Civil Rights, United States Department of Agriculture; Director of the Office of Inclusion, UW Colleges and UW-Extension; Dean and Director of Cooperative Extension; Director of Human Resources Development, Cooperative Extension, or the Regional Director of the Cooperative Extension region in which the complainant resides.
  • Addresses:

United States Department of Agriculture
Director, Office of Civil Rights
1400 Independence Ave. S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
866-632-9992 Toll Free
800-877-8339 Toll Free, TDD Relay for deaf or hard of hearing
866-377-8642 Toll Free, TDD Relay for voice users

Office of Inclusion
Christine Curley, Interim Director
University of Wisconsin Colleges and University of Wisconsin-Extension
501 Extension Building
432 North Lake St
Madison, WI 53706
608-890-0259 fax
711 Relay for deaf and hard of hearing

Dean and Director of Cooperative Extension
University of Wisconsin-Extension
601 Extension Building
432 N. Lake St.
Madison, WI 53706
711 Relay for deaf and hard of hearing

Office of Human Resources Development
Sharon Klawitter, Director
607 Extension Building
432 N. Lake St.
Madison, WI 53706
608-262-9462 fax
711 Relay for deaf and hard of hearing

East-Metro Region Director
Gerald Correthers
Cofrin Library, Rm 750-J, UW-Green Bay
2420 Nicolet Dr.
Green Bay, WI 54311-7001
920-465-5074 fax
711 Relay for deaf and hard of hearing

Sharing is Caring - Click Below to Share